Followers

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Day of the Dead (Dia de Los muertos) Banner

Dear scrappers,
I while ago I bought some fun day of the dead stamps from Paper wings and haven't used them until I saw this challenges, which inspired me to make a banner for the day of the dead.
Entering and was inspired by the following challenge:
Aurora Wings: Day of the Dead challenge





This is the crooked picture of the whole banner, crooked to fit it all in the picture...:















Looking at the Fun Stamper Journey Catalog, I found an adorable sugar skull image I could resist buying:














Paper wings stamped images:













Close ups:












I also found this die from Deadbeat designs:







And finally to complete the whole banner, I found at Scrapbook N' More (our only local scrapbooking store left), this super cute lady sugar skull image from Texana Designs:













I embossed the banner panels using this marrocan design folder from Sizzix.

And made some little banners using the Paper wings stamps and some twine:














Other materials used: skull beads from Bead Gallery from Michaels, sticklers in many colors, my Faber Castells pencils, Cinco de Mayo stamps and Dies from Fun Stampers Journey, Smooches, liquid glass (CTMH), Paper frills from Doodle Bug, skeleton mariachi charms from a local store at La Villita (San Antonio), ribbon, card stocks (CTMH, American Crafts, Recollection), etc...

I hope you enjoy this fun project as much as I did and leave me some love,

Have a very blessed day (de Los muertos ;-)

Vicky
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



3 comments:

  1. What a funky project!! Unfortunately at SATW we don't accept OTP projects. Please read our rules layouts, canvas or journal pages. If we accepted OTP projects we would never get done judging! Thank-you for thinking of us with this wonderful banner and we hope you can try again next month. All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing banner and such fabulous images. Thanks so much for joining our DOD challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete