Followers

Friday, May 26, 2023

CraftWell DT: Telephone Box Card

      

Hi, 

This is my next post for Craftwell. For this post I decided to make a Telephone booth box card for my son's 16th birthday. He is wanting a phone for a while, but he didn't have the real need for it and we are delaying the social media as long as we can. Thus, I decided to play a trick on him.

When I saw the terrific telephone treat box kit by Tonic, I knew that it was the perfect die for what I had in mind. I love the English Telephone booth and the color combination is just perfect. This die is meant for a treat box, so I tweaked it a little to make it a box card, by trimming the topper and glue it directly to the top flap.

Some tips to work with this dies:

Use the foam tape included to hold the dies in the acetate to hold in place when die cutting the sentiments inside the rectangle:

\

I cut an strip large enough to add the "16" crown as a popup element, but forgot to add the extra fold to make it pop up on its own:


This box is so cute that can also hold a tea light LED candle inside:


I was able to fold the box car to put it inside of an envelop with a note, "Enjoy your phone":


Here is my son reaction to the card:



At the end, I decided to make the little base included in the kit to use as cake topper as well:


I followed all the amazing instructions included with these dies and kit. This is the first kit that includes such detailed instructions; no need to hunt for videos in the web. Love it

Craftwell Tools


SNAP die cut machine

Other Companies:


Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - Mixed Media #3 by Tim Holtz


 I hope you enjoy it this fun project and please follow craftwell as well,





Happy end of May

Vicky Tovar



Some challenges:
















14 comments:

  1. Vicky, that is so cool. It reminds me of the phone booth at Epcot near the Rose & Crown Pub. Thank you for entering your fun fold at Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, such a cute card (and topping for his birthday cake)! That kit looks wonderful will all the things you need to create this. Thank you for sharing your card and video of your son's reaction to his special birthday card!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I absolutely love this great fun fold card! My son was such a huge Doctor Who fan - he'd have loved this so much. I'm sure your son appreciated it, too! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the phone booth and what a great idea for a cake topper too. Looks like you son loves your creativity and happy with the cake and card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Vicky! I love "Doctor Who" and I love the resemblance to a Police Call Box card. (I have some stamps with Dalek images that I need to use.) It appears your recipient is very happy with the card, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #139.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a unique card, makes me think of my vacation to London. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble and Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so fun and fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The phone booth is so creative! I love that you included the footage of his reaction. Looks like all the time and effort you put into this was worth it! Thanks for playing along with us at Double trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a creative and great card - lots of details. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card Vicky! Love the reaction from your son. Thank you for sharing and thank you for playing along with Creative Creases #58

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun and creative! Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday and Double Trouble Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Vicky! I popped back to let you know that we loved your card so much at Creative Creases that you were chosen as one of our winners! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on being picked as a Creative Creases #59 winner!

    ReplyDelete