Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Connie Can Crop: Monthly Challenge #45 Queen Bee


Dear Scrappers,
There is a new challenge at Connie Can Crop:

"This is an either/or challenge!
We want you to create a project using a crown or create a project that includes a bee! Not too difficult! But should be fun!




Entries are due by Saturday, April 30th at 11:59 pm.

Sorry, No back Linking Allowed!!


We have a WONDERFUL sponsor this month!!

 

One lucky winner will win their choice of 3 their awesome files in their shop! 
Be sure to check out their shop online HERE
Visit them on facebook HERE
Follow their blog HERE for inspiration!

- See more at: http://www.conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2016/04/monthly-challenge-45-queen-bee.html#sthash.R8scQWDS.dpuf

For this project, I decided to make a pop-up card using one of the cutting cafe files and another for the flowerpot and grass for the inside:


Some closer looks:

I used my cricut explorer to cut the card and to write the sentiment on the front, however I had a little misshapen (when not ;-)
My cricut marker was dried up from not using it ;-) and I had to use a micron marker to write on top of the soft writing. LOL, I ended using my handwriting, I never do LOL
I used the micron marker also for adding some fun movement to the bees, which came from an sticker pack, I think I bought at a Dollar Tree store LOL. Handy uh...

 I used the blush paper pack from CTMH for the inside and some CTMH white and honey cardstock as well for the card bases. I used some CTMH foam popdots.



This was in general a fun project to do. I used as inspiration an sketch by  Share the Joy Challenge:

However, this challenge just passed, but ours will be up for a month ;-)


I hope you enjoy this project and leave me some love,
Have wonderful week,

Vicky Tovar


I would like to enter the following challenges:




3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - such fun and so bright and cheerful. Love the surprise on the inside too. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, great pop-up design and I love the colourful flowers and the bees. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh nice!!
    Thanks for joining our Anything goes challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Good luck in the draw!
    Greetz, Linda DT-CF

    ReplyDelete