Followers

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

CC3 Challenge 3: Avonlea Bookmark

Compendium of Curiosities 3 (Tim Holtz) Challenge 3:

Dear scrappers,

I got inspired my the great Tim and his Compendium of Curiosities 3 and his faux tea roses challenge at Linda Ledbetter's blog:

The CC3 challenge 3

http://lindaledbetter.com/2014/05/compendium-of-curiosities-3-challenge-3.html

I decided to use this cute technique for my next class: CTMH bookmark mini book.

I used some bassil papers for the roses and CTMH Avonlea and solids paper pack for the rest of the book:



I distressed the tea roses using ranger's distress inks and metallic rubons...


They were easy to make and look so awesome.

I also got to use my new toy: the Cricut Explorer and make these fotomats in no time:



















I hope my students enjoy this fun project and can learn this useful technique :-)















Vicky

Supplies:
CTMH Avonlea papers
Brocade Assortment (CTMH)
Stamps (Avonlea WOTG and various other CTMH)
Liquid Glass (CTMH)
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Distress Inks (Ranger)
Tattered Pinecone die (TH Alterations)
Festive Greenery die (TH Alterations)
Postal Frame die (Spellbinders)
Butterfly punch (MS)
Flower punch (EK success)
Baker twines (My Mind Eye, Recollections)
Ribbons (Celebrate it)
Cricut Explorer, metallic blue marker, and Anna Griffin cricut cartridge (Provocraft)
Ink pads (CTMH)
Journaling spots (Heide Swap)
Glitter flourish and tags (Color Boek)
Rhine stone flourish (Recollections)

Wow a long list, I guess I was gathering supplies for a while for this class...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Vicky Tovar

4 comments:

  1. So glad you're participating in the CC3 Challenge, Vicky. I'm saving for my Explore! Nice album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette, btw I love your work and use it as inspiration :-)

      Delete
  2. Great book! I love the cover and the vivid roses! Thanks so much for playing along in our rosy challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mini book and the roses are a perfect accent for the cover. I'm sure your students will love it!

    ReplyDelete