Followers

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Eureka Stamps Challenge: 179, Recycle it

Eureka Stamp has a new Challenge, which theme this week is: 


Recycle It - use something on 
your card that has already been used before

For this fun challenge, I decided to use some cute garment prize tag, which I have been accumulating lately and up-cycle them into bookmarks or gift tags:


digital stamp used: 8603(543) Flower Background
digital stamp used: 8804(528) Spring Has Sprung
I chose these images, because here in Texas it really feels as if the spring has already sprung ;-)

This the original tag:
For this project I used the left one. What I did with the right one I will show you In Angela's birthday bloghop coming on February 11:


The back of the tags:


I left the tag as it was and added my printed digital stamps to the front and back of it. Leaving a border around to appreciate the gorgeous original prize tag.
 I cut the printed images using a neat tool from recollection.
I, then, distressed the images and colored it using wink of stella in red, my new alcohol markers, and some Viva Decor glass effect gel in yellow.
A closer look to my finish tag:

This project was nice and simplistic. I love recycling neat objects, I have been collecting for a while, such as packages, prize tags, metallic covers, and plastic containers. So, I was super excited to used them.
I hope you enjoy my project and leave me your opinion.

Vicky Tovar

I would love to enter the following challenges:


I used scraps of white cardstock, previously printed for a different project using this flower background.


I used glittery wink of stella in red for the hearts. 


Anything goes


Anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Lovely bookmark:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty project! thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes this month!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for accepting the QuickQuotes "Scraps of Paper" Challenge! I love your choice of coloring as well, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a fan of up-cycling whenever we can, this is such a fun and colorful project too! Thank you for joining in the fun at Quick Quotes this month for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to upcycle the tags! Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty bookmarks! Please note our challenge rules ask that you post our challenge graphic in your blog post. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete