Followers

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Canvas- playing with textures

Dear scrappers,
I hope this third time is the charm... I try to post this since yesterday ;-) and my iPad died or the app crashed :-(
Finally, the sample for the coming class is done. I used two different challenges as inspirations:
"We washi you merry..." At Connie can Crop blog:
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com/2013/12/monthly-challenge-17-we-washi-you-merry.html
And "All framed up" at Heart 2 Heart blog:
http://heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com/2013/12/all-framed-up.html
Here is the final project:




I used it to frame my last year Christmas card, but the best thing is that I can replace the picture as many times as I wish because of the clothespin (I bought from Michaels $1 bin and embellished using liquid pearls and green Glitz, CTMH). Btw, The silk flowers also came from the $1 bin from Michaels:




For the Christmas tree, I got inspired by the washi you merry challenge and covered some corrugated board pieces from CTMH, which were in the "while supply last" section, with washi tapes from CTMH and Tim Holtz...: http://vicky-sa-scrapbooking.ctmh.com/Retail/Products.aspx?CatalogID=1702




I made the star out of some glitter ribbon and added some Rhine stones and white star sequins to embellish the tree. For the trunk, I stained an arrow from that corrugated boards set with Tim Holtz distressing ink.


I used some many different papers, some from SEI (the blue with the snow flakes) and from another paper packs. I used some hand made papers for the frame (with embroidery and metallic ships), which I bought at Marshall's.



I embossed the red typed card stock with embossing folders and in the blue card stock, I made some faux stitching using a black CTMH marker and a hole piercing tool.



I punched around the lower card stock edge with an snow flake punch around the page set from Martha Stewart and distressed all card stocks with silver distressing inks from Tim Holtz.
To finalized the Christmas look, I stamped my title with CTMH ruby ink and the Shine & Sparkle stamps set from the workshop on the go kit.
Today, I finished the other canvas using a more gold color palette. I will post it tomorrow ;-)
I hope you enjoy and get inspired by this fun project. Let's hear your comments...
Have a wonderful midweek :-))

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Vicky Tovar

6 comments:

  1. So awesome!! I love the washi tape tree! And the idea of the clothespin to change out the pic. So glad you came by my blog and played along!! Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Connie, I love your blog and your great ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and festive project! I love how you can change out the photo. Thanks for sharing with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of canvas AND love that you can switch out the photo!!! Thanks for sharing it with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvas, I love the tree and how you can update it over the years -- cool idea!! Thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-cute idea! Excellent idea with the changeable pic! Thanks so much for linking up with us at H2H! :)

    ReplyDelete